Environ Hydrology & Water Res

Advisor Contact:
Martha P L Whitaker
Harshbarger Building room 226A
(520) 621-9715
Minor Description:

A minor in Environmental Hydrology will provide you with an basic understanding of hydrologic or water resource principles within a specific focus of General Hydrology, Geohydrology, or Water Resources

Minor Requirements:

A minor in Environmental Hydrology requires a total of 18 units, and allows students to focus in one of the following three areas: General Hydrology, Geohydrology, or Water Resources. Each has a different suite of possible classes to fulfill the requirements of a minor.  Generally, students need to complete 9 units of classes in HWRS, including HWRS 250 Principles of Hydrology, and 9 units of upper-division coursework (HWRS or other water-relevant, advisor-approved coursework in other departments). Please visit the following link for more details: 

Academic Advisement Report

Declaring the Minor:

A student may declare an Environmental Hydrology (EHY) minor by making an appointment with Dr. Martha Whitaker, EHY Undergraduate Advisor

Double Use of Minor Course Work:

The Hydrology & Atmospheric Sciences (HAS) Department generally allows double-dipping for minor classes. Half of the minor classes must be in the HAS Department.