This minor (MAEDMINU) is only available to students enrolled in secondary education teaching majors, and is intended for students who may wish to become certified to teach mathematics at the middle school or high school level, in addition to their primary certification area.
Minimum units: 18 (at least 3 units must be completed at UA)
Minimum Minor GPA: 2.0
- Complete five courses:
- MATH 122A/B or 125: Calculus I
- MATH 129: Calculus II
- MATH 205: Teaching Secondary Mathematics
- MATH 313: Introduction to Linear Algebra
- MATH 330: Topics in Geometry
- Choose one course from:
- MATH 323: Formal Mathematical Reasoning and Writing
- MATH 361: Statistics for Teaching
- MATH 362: Introduction to Probability Theory
- MATH 363: Introduction to Statistical Methods
- MATH 406A*: Curriculum and Assessment in Secondary School Mathematics
*Additional course work may be required to fulfill prerequisites.
Students are expected to comply with published prerequisites. See the catalog for available courses, descriptions, and prerequisites.
University policy: Students with a declared minor at the time of application for degree candidacy will see the defined minor on their Student Academic Advisement Report (SAAR). University and transfer courses with direct equivalency may satisfy the minor requirements. If the student has completed the minor as structured by the minor department, there is no need for the signature of the minor advisor on the degree audit.
To officially declare a minor in Mathematics (Teaching), send your request by e-mail to the Math Center:
- Contact Us form - http://math.arizona.edu/academics/undergrads/advising/minor
- Direct email - firstname.lastname@example.org; please include your ID number and send your request from your official UA email account.
Math minor courses may be double-dipped with another major or minor.