The Pre-Law Thematic Minor (PLW) is designed to assist students to prepare for a career in Law. Students will have the opportunity to research topics, analyze information, and think critically.
The PLW minor requires 18 units, 12 of these units must be upper division (300-400 level). A 2.00 GPA is required for all university credit work used in this minor.
- These courses are not mandatory for law school admission but are recommended if the student does not have a strong interest in another minor area.
- Only three (3) units of internship credit may be used for the minor.
- No courses may be taken Pass/Fail.
- No more than two courses from any one subject area may be used for the minor.
- Some courses may have pre-requisites, please check with the department.
Students wishing to declare the PLW minor must meet with the Pre-Law Advisor, Melanie Madden. This may be done at a scheduled appointment or during walk-in times, please call (520)621-7763 to confirm walk-in days/hours or schedule an appointment. This minor may not be declared through your major advisor.
Courses from the major or another minor MAY NOT be used to fulfill PLW minor requirements.