Office of the Ombuds
Need to Know:
- The UA Office of the Ombuds is a confidential, impartial, informal, and independent resource for effective communication, collaboration, and conflict management.
- We work with all levels of students and employees in all UA colleges, units, and locations, as well as with others who have a university-related concern, such as parents of students.
- We help with a wide variety of concerns, conflicts, questions, and other issues. If you’re advising a student who is experiencing difficulty with a faculty member, supervisor, peer, or anyone else please know that the Ombuds Office is an expert resource for coaching, guidance, mediation, facilitation, referral, and other services.
- We work on the individual, small group, large group, and systemic levels – so there is no issue too big or too small. If it isn’t something we can help with we are able to connect the student to other helpful resources.
- It is also never too early to reach out to the Ombuds Office for assistance – the sooner folks meet with us the sooner we can help reduce the stress and time involved in the matter.